How to Make a Men’s Ballroom Competition Shirt Video Collection consists of three videos that are designed to teach you how to make your own men’s ballroom competition shirt from scratch. The series covers topics such as:
- what tools and equipment are needed
- how to make a pattern for stretch fabrics
- how to insert a zipper and create cuffs and a collar
- how to use darts to create a structured look
- how to make attached briefs, and
- how to make a straight hemline to be worn outside of the pants
The following are links to short previews of the videos.
About the Instructor
Simone Onnis has been a ballroom dancer and costume designer for more than 20 years. He has had the privilege of designing outfits for some of the top dancers in the world such as Vibeke Toft, Allan Tornsberg, Sammy Stopford and Barbara McColl. He was born in Italy and he spent several years in London pursuing his dancing career. Currently, he resides in New York City dancing and designing ballroom costumes.